Day 15. Twilight Tradie*

Robert Pattinson had coffee at my restaurant.

Alright, he might have been wearing a highlighter yellow construction jacket. And maybe a pair of dusty work boots.

And also a hard hat.

OKAY, so it probably wasn’t him.

But I could not. Stop. Staring.

Not because I find him devastatingly handsome (well, maybe a little), but I couldn’t stop sneaking peaks to the patio outside because I was convinced it was actually him.

Dressed as a construction worker. In Melbourne. Stranger things have happened, ok?

I approached Patricia, who was acting busy behind the morning newspaper. “See that guy out there? He looks EXACTLY like the guy from the Twilight movies!” I was practically jumping up and down. You see, I’ve never met a famous person before. Unless you count Bill Nye the Science Guy. That guy was my idol growing up. Anyways…

“The what movies? I don’t understand,” she replied, puzzled. We peered through the front window and just then, he turned his head and met our gaze with an equally quizzical expression. I jumped behind Patricia.

Because I am smooth like that.

Not.

“Nevermind,” I said. “Do you have a cell phone with a camera?” But her she had left her phone at home and sadly, so had I.

But just you wait! I bet, as I write, they are working on a movie wherein he plays a brooding tradesman, struggling to get the self conscious, supposedly plain but in actuality really beautiful Australian girl.

Ok, a quite perusal of IMDB suggests that there is no such movie in the making.

But I know it was him!

,
the traveling stahr…

*In Australia, they like to shorten everything. Bathing suits are bathers, breakfast is brekkie, afternoon is arvo (haven't quite figured that one out), of course Australia is Oz, and tradesmen are tradies.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP