Happy Birthday 'Lil Bro

Dearest brother,

Today, you are Seventeen. Seventeen!

Seriously though, how did that happen? It seems like just yesterday you were but a bump in Mum's belly, and April wanted to name you Abu, after the monkey in Aladdin.

Do you remember when you were so small and I pretended you were my very own American Girl Doll so I could dress you up in outfits matching mine? (I really hope not...)

Or when you were almost two, sitting in your high chair and we would never tire of asking you what sounds different animals make. You knew them all. Especially the grand finale of our little show, "what sound does a garbage truck make?"

"Pew, pew," you would say, pinching your little nose with two tiny fingers.

But then you grew up, as little boys do, and learned to do some incredible things. Like this:

I know there is nothing on this earth you can't do, no feat you can't conquer, no dream you can't achieve. You greet life head on, shouting, Take a look, World, because here I am.

And I grow more proud of you each passing day.

Happy Birthday Abu.

I will always love you.

April –   – (June 14, 2010 at 4:04 PM)  

cuuuuuute! xxoxoxox

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP